Blu Dot was founded by John Christakos, Charles Lazor and Maurice Blanks. The firm began as a loose collaborative of three college friends trained in architecture and art, based on the premise that design should be affordable. The partners chose furniture as the subject of interest and opened a studio and operations in Minneapolis in 1996.
Blu Dot has begun to realize their vision with a collection of over 40 pieces that are both elegantly abstract and unambiguously functional. Blu Dot pieces are in the permanent collections of several museums, have been seen on the sets of well-known television shows such as Friends and ER, and have won numerous national and international awards.
Don’t let the inconspicuous colors fool you: this well-tailored sofa is armed for work or play. Pair the Bonnie & Clyde together for a sectional that really works a room. Available in brunette, coal, smog or stone.
• solid hardwood & plywood frame
• brushed stainless steel base
• brunette/smog: poly blend flannel upholstery
• coal: 100% poly upholstery
• smoke/stone: 77% cotton/23% poly blend upholstery
• measures 96w x 31.5d x 29h inches with 16.5h seat