Created by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe for the German Pavilion at the 1929 Barcelona Exposition, the Barcelona chair features the pure compositional structure that now epitomizes Modern architecture.
A companion-sized Barcelona chair and stool have been developed to accompany the tried-and-true classic. The child's Barcelona chair and stool are 80% scale of the original and only available with a chrome frame.
Signature KnollStudio design, produced to Mies' original specifications.
Exclusive manufacturing and sales rights accorded to Knoll by the designer in 1953.
KnollStudio logo and Ludwig Mies van der Rohe's signature stamped into the frame of each piece.
• seat and back cushions adapt to fit curve of frame
• available in chrome construction
• chrome frames are hand-buffed to a mirror finish
• individual leather panels are cut, hand-welted and hand-tufted
• panels and buttons are crafted from a single hide
• available by special order in more than 500 Spinneybeck leather colors in 20 different qualities
• straps laminated to match selected leather
• GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® for low-emitting products
• chair measures 24w x 24d x 25h inches with 14h seat
• stool measures 19w x 18d x 12h inches