Eero Saarinen's 1948 Womb chair, made exclusively for Knoll, displays the Finnish-born designer's flair for challenging rules, breaking molds and setting new standards for modern design.
The Medium Womb Chair and Ottoman are 85% scale of the original chair and ottoman.
Signature KnollStudio design, produced to Saarinen's original specifications.
Exclusive manufacturing and sales rights accorded to Knoll by the designer.
• chair constructed of foam over a molded, reinforced fiberglass shell
• ottoman constructed of foam cushion over molded plywood platform
• includes separate seat, back and ottoman cushions of polyester fiber with foam core
• both chair and ottoman feature stainless steel and nylon articulating glides
• base features a steel rod with polished chrome finish
• available by special order in a wide range of KnollTextiles and Spinneybeck leather
• GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® for low-emitting products
• chair measures 35w x 31d x 31.25h inches with 15h seat and 18h arm
• ottoman measures 21w x 17.5d x 14.25h inches