Blu Dot was founded by John Christakos, Charles Lazor and Maurice Blanks. The firm began as a loose collaborative of three college friends trained in architecture and art, based on the premise that design should be affordable. The partners chose furniture as the subject of interest and opened a studio and operations in Minneapolis in 1996.
Blu Dot has begun to realize their vision with a collection of over 40 pieces that are both elegantly abstract and unambiguously functional. Blu Dot pieces are in the permanent collections of several museums, have been seen on the sets of well-known television shows such as Friends and ER, and have won numerous national and international awards.
It's a sleeper sofa that doesn't look like one. Sort of like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Just remove the back cushions and flip the seat forward. Voilà, instant queen-sized mattress. Brushed stainless steel leg. Available in rust, smog, smoke or stone.
• solid hardwood & plywood frame
• matching accent pillows included
• brushed stainless steel base
• rust: wool/poly blend upholstery
• smog: poly blend flannel upholstery
• smoke/stone: 77% cotton/23% poly blend upholstery
• measures 80w x 32d x 30h inches with 23h x 22d seat
• measures 80w x 62d x 11h inches as sleeper
ALL COLORS ON BACKORDER...ETA IS EARLY MARCH